Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The excellence of asking for Allah's blessings upon the Prophet (SAW)

 

219. The Prophet (SAW) said: "Whoever prays for Allah's blessings upon me once, will be blessed for it by Allah ten times."

Reference: Muslim 1/288.

220. The Prophet (SAW) said: "Do not make my grave a place of ritual celebration, but pray for Allah's blessings upon me, for your blessings reach me from wherever you are.

Reference: Abu Dawud 2/218, Ahmad 2/367. Al-Albani graded it authentic in Sahih Abu Dawud 2/383.

221. The Prophet (SAW) said: "The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned yet does not pray for Allah's blessings upon me."

Reference: At-Tirmithi 5/551 and others. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/177 and Sahihul-Jarai' As-Saghir 3/25.

222. The Prophet (SAW) said: "Indeed Allah has angels who roam the earth and they convey to me the greetings (or prayers of peace) of my 'Ummah (nation)."

Reference: An-Nasa'i, Al-Hakim 2/421. Al-Albani graded it authentic in Sahih An-Nasa'i 1/274.

223. The Prophet (SAW) said: "No one sends greetings (or prayers of peace) upon me but Allah returns my soul to me so that I may return his greetings."

Reference: Abu Dawud (no. 2041). Al-Albani graded it good in Sahih Abu Dawud 1/383.